Friday, June 8, 2012

How this blog works

Michigan is a beautiful state.

I was born and raised in Southeast Michigan in Waterford and have spent the better part of my 24 years here, but it took me years of wandering around elsewhere to really appreciate just how beautiful it really is (for more on this, see my other blog, "The Present Tense").

In this blog, I will post mainly pictures and videos of Michigan's natural beauty (and perhaps explore some towns, too?) by recording my adventures in familiar state, metro and county parks. Or just around home. I will also venture out and explore new places, too.

Kayaking on Maceday Lake here in Waterford, summer 2012
Photo by Dad :)

In this blog, you can expect to see images and words that come from a wide range of Michigan experiences, everything from a 45 minute dog walk in a local state, metro or county park to a weekend backpacking trip in the UP. I tend to prefer the experiences that fall in the latter category, but you'll see a variety of places and activities here.


With Duke on a Pontiac Lake Rec. trail, winter 2011

In each post, I will include:

1) The Activity - I'll tell you what I'm doing (hiking, biking, kayaking, etc) and how long it took
2) The Experience - pictures and videos with short descriptions
3) More Information - details about the park (i.e. cost, location, size, etc) and/or links to find more information

Please leave comments and let me know what you think and if you have any ideas, suggestions, questions, etc. My simple goal is to inspire others to get out and explore, whether it be your own hometown, state or country, or any new place.

If you have been to the place I post about before, please feel free to share information and stories! I'd love some good recommendations for places to visit, too.

Pontiac Lake State Park, winter 2011

All photos and videos used on this blog are taken by me unless otherwise noted. Feel free to use and share the pictures and videos, I'd just appreciate a word of credit :)

Cheers! 
Katie

email contact: mademoisellecolpaert@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment